Personally Identifiable Information is information that can be used to locate you, contact you, or determine your specific identity. Not all Site users are required to provide Personally Identifiable Information, though we do collect such information when a Site user elects to login/create an account.
Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information
- When you use the Site to research "Active" listings, you are not asked for Personally Identifiable Information.
- When you use the Site to research "Sold" listings or data saved in a previous search, we ask you for basic information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, phone, user name and password and other basic contact information. You can choose not to provide us with Personally Identifiable Information, but then you may not be able to fully take advantage of certain features of the Site and we may not be able to provide you with certain requested information, products and/or services.
- In addition to the collection of Personally Identifiable Information, we may also automatically track certain information about you as you visit and use the Site to help us to better understand how the Site is used and to better serve you. This information may include your computer's IP address, the URLs and Site pages you have visited, the number of times you visit a particular Site page, what downloads and/or search queries you have made, how long you spent on particular sections of the Site and on the Site generally, and your browser type. This automatically gathered data includes information provided through the use of "cookies." A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a web site's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive. Each web site can send its own cookies to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it. We may set and access our own cookies on your computer. Information stored by us in cookies may be associated with your Personally Identifiable Information in order to identify you as a repeat visitor or customer of the Site, to maintain session information for logged in users, and to track usage trends and patterns in order to better understand and improve areas of the Site.
In general, we will not disclose your Personally Identifiable Information to unaffiliated third parties without your express consent. There are, however, some limited circumstances in which we may need to disclose Personally Identifiable Information about a user:
- For products and services provided by the Site, the information you submit is used by us to provide the information, product or service you have requested. We may also share this information with others, but only to the extent necessary to fulfill your request or to facilitate your use of their services.
- We may employ other companies to perform supporting functions for the various tools, functionality, products and services offered through the Site on our behalf. We may need to share your Personally Identifiable Information to these companies. However, we will provide them with only that information necessary to perform their functions.
- Unless you specify that you would prefer not to hear from us, we may use the e-mail address you provide at the time of registration to contact you for promotional or other purposes. You may have these communications terminated at any time by opting out through your member profile on the Site, or by clicking on any "unsubscribe" link contained in a promotional e-mail.
- We will reveal information, including Personally Identifiable Information, to the extent we reasonably believe it is required to do so by law. If we receive legal process calling for the disclosure of any of your Personally Identifiable Information we will, if permitted by law, endeavor to notify you via the e-mail address you supplied during registration within a reasonable amount of time before we respond to the request.
We employ reasonable security methods intended to prevent unauthorized access to Personally Identifiable Information.
Your Personally Identifiable Information will be stored within a database that is located behind a firewall for added security. The server housing the database is physically protected at a secure, third party site.
No data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be secure. As a result, while we try to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, we cannot ensure or guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
Any transmission to the Site of Personally Identifiable Information and credit card information uses SSL encryption.
The Site is not directed to children (persons under the age of 13), and we do not knowingly collect, either online or offline, Personally Identifiable Information from children.